Now that a free blog is included as part of our new Wholesale2b Dropship Website Plan, you may be wondering the best way to utilize your blog to drive more traffic to your dropship website. Since your website is likely built around a niche market, such as electronics, home accessories, or bath and beauty products—you want to become an authority in your niche. This will keep readers coming back time and time again. Even if you are new to blogging and content marketing, start with the tips below.
Identify Your Keywords
You first want to begin by doing some long tail keyword research to identify which keywords your target audience searches for with frequency. The research keyword research needs to be done on a quarterly basis, and for true success consider keywords that are not too obvious—aka. competitive. For example, if your niche is related to health and beauty an expected long tail keyword would be “how to lose weight.” Instead think a bit more outside of the box, and to words your target audience is searching for—but that is not to competitive. Google Trends and Google AdWords Keyword Planner can help you to select your long tail keywords.
Create Posts That Add Value
Now that you have some keywords to work with, you can begin creating specific topics to blog about. Aim to place your long tail keyword about once every 100 words, but no more than that. Also make sure that your keywords flow well within your blog post. Avoid the temptation to blog only about the specific products you have for sale on your website, and instead create posts that add value. For example, if your blog is related to home décor—you could blog about topics such as decorating a dorm room, decorating an apartment, re-accessorizing a room in your home, or even how to mix and match different styles to create an eclectic room. When brainstorming topics to blog about, don’t forget:
• Find ways to work trending topics into posts about your niche. EX—Oscar party decorations, trending celebs, the latest makeup trends, ect.
• Create blogs related to upcoming holidays. EX—Mother’s Day, Christmas, Hanukah, Independence Day, etc.
• Create blogs related to upcoming seasons. EX—fall, winter, summer, and fall
• Mix in some indirect topics too. EX—Community involvement, why you prefer online shopping, share an inspirational story, ect.
Make Your Posts Easy To Read
Formatting is extremely important when it comes to blog posts. Turn to the tips below to make sure that your blog is engaging, easy to read, and appropriate for the online and mobile world.
• Create a compelling headline.
• Write in a conversational tone—you can even write with humor and personality.
• Add at least one picture to every post—and not just images of your products. Pixabay is an excellent place for free photos.
• Add relevant videos.
• Separate the content with subtitles.
• Keep the paragraphs between 3 to 5 sentences long
• Use bullet points and lists.
• Add 1 to 2 links to “official” sources to each post to create backlinks. Official sources include newspapers, magazines, gov websites, and edu websites.
• Post at least 3 time each week.
Turn To Free Yet Effective Online Marketing
Last but not least, you want to market both your blog and your dropship website with free yet effective online marketing. While you can of course invest in online marketing, there are many free options for you to turn to. Below are just a handful of effective free online marketing options.
• Social Media—Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, ect. You can use Hootsuite to preschedule your posts.
• Content Marketing That Links Back to Your Blog and/or Store—Guest blog, add posts to Ezine Articles, add posts to your LinkedIn Business Page.
• Forums—Post in forums that allow links. Select forums related to your niche, as well as forums your target audience frequents.
• YouTube—Create videos that can be added to your blog, and that will also direct more traffic back to your dropship website.
Aim to post your first 20 to 25 blogs as soon as possible, then you can scale back to a minimum of 3 posts per week. Add links to your blog posts to everything from your social media posts, forum posts, YouTube videos, and any off-site content marketing. Within the first few weeks you will begin to see the traffic to both your blog and your dropship website continue to increase!
If you wish to make extra income each month, then head over to wholesale2b.com and signup for a free account. Then review our dropship products and wholesale prices. If you like what you see, then signup for the dropship website plan and we’ll have your site ready in just 1 business day, loaded with products from 3 drop shippers of your choice. We have over 90+ suppliers to choose from with tons of different niches.